Use these best practices to increase and track your print conversions
Here are the best practices to make your campaign more engaging:
Engaging and creative campaigns don't require expensive equipment or lots of time. Here are 6 tips to improve engagement and ROI.
1. Use horizontal videos: Use horizontal aspect ratio. To not compromise the quality of your video, upload a horizontal video that will overlay the full image uploaded.
2. Add a call to action encouraging people to engage with the campaign. Let people know your print delivers an experience by enticing them to engage with your campaign.
3. Don’t use Augmented Reality as an enticing call to action. We have never seen an increase in engagement by using Augmented Reality as the call to action. Create a hook of what’s on the other side, for example, scan for coupon, scan for 20% off, scan to see what’s inside the brochure, scan for a tutorial, etc…
4. Create personalized content. If possible, create a video-specific for your direct mail campaign tying the two experiences together.
5. Add your marketing pixels to your experience. Add your Facebook, Google, Ad Roll or any other marketing pixel to re-engage with your mail recipients in other channels.
6. Add the AVO pixel to your website. Increase conversions by tracking mail recipients from view to conversion.
You don't need a large budget or professional training to make creative AVO campaigns that draw attention. Many large and small advertisers are finding success with simple, eye-catching creative.
If you think your image campaigns could be more effective, try these tips for creating campaigns with a single point of focus. Small changes can increase your chances of grabbing people's attention.
If video production is too expensive, use your phone. Create a personal video easily filmed and edited on your smart phone or, create a slideshow video from carousel images or other photos.
If you want to add movement, try GIFs, cinemagraphs, and animations to grab attention in the video.
If you have stale content, rejuvenate it with apps. Create compelling short campaigns with images you already have, text and licensed music overlays with apps like Ripl and Videoshop. Use automated captions to engage people who view with sound off.
Think through how you are going to put the information needed to launch your campaign.
We recommend using modern QR codes with a call to action around it to see the most engagement. If using our free app make sure you add text letting them know what to do (Ex: “Free coffee on us, download AVO Insights and scan this card”).
1. Consider brand and message. Add your logo so that people know who you are, even from the first frame. Reveal your brand at both the beginning and the end.
2. Consider typography and captions. Not everyone on mobile browses with sound on. Add subtitles. Or, convey your message with dynamic text and graphics instead of a voiceover.
3. Consider aspect ratio. To cover more of the mobile screen, create horizontal videos. See ideas for creative horizontal videos. Use the recommended aspect ratios across placements.
4. Consider duration. Most videos should be 30-60 seconds or shorter. If you can, condense the story.
5. Consider story arcs. Can you reframe the story to bring out the key message sooner? Experiment with approaches beyond a traditional story arc by playing with speed, rhythm, and order.
Here are the best practices for images using image recognition
Images should be viewed under moderately bright and diffused lighting. The surface of the image should be evenly lit.
Images should be rich in detail with mixtures of items. Images should not have repetitive patterns and be printed with high amounts of gloss.
To ensure your campaign is successful always test before launching. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Supported file types are JPG or PNG images in RGB or grayscale. The size of the input images must be 2 MB or less.
Supported video file types are .mp4 and .mov and do not exceed 5 minutes in length.
Canvas: Filter design must be a 1080 by 2340 pixel image
File Size: 300KB or less
File Format: PNG asset with a transparent background. Save your Filter from the File menu using ‘Save>Save for Web (Legacy)’ and select the ‘PNG-24’ preset from the drop down menu
Buffer Zone: Mandatory text, logos and legal disclaimers may not be placed within 310 px of the top or bottom of the canvas
Filters must include 'clear and conspicuous' logo placement from the brand. Please contact us if you need help.
Designs should enhance the underlying campaign, by adding an element of context, visual appeal, humor or relevance
Filters should be artistic, not photographic. Photo realistic imagery is not recommended.
Be creative and make it visually compelling. Make something that users will want to share with their friends!
If you can't upload your image, check:
The format. Is it supported?
The aspect ratio and image size. Requirements vary across platforms.
If you can't upload your video, check:
The format. Is it supported?
The aspect ratio, size and length of the video. Requirements vary across placements.
The browser. Are you using the latest version?
The network connection. Is it strong?
To see if you already uploaded it. Follow the steps to upload a video, then open the Browse Library tab.
If you cannot upload a campaign successfully please contact us.